The Keener House

The Keener House was built in 1879 in Ingalls and served as the Keenersville Post Office.  It was also the home of John Keener and his wife Lydia Louise Wiseman  The window at the far left was the post office window and citizens would ride up to the window on their horses to send or receive mail.  The Keener house was one of the first frame houses built in these mountains.